concrete or composite forms?

Looking to add a sloping concrete pad or form in front of a door. Looking at perhaps 3x3' or 4x4' size. Are such forms available and where? Could have sworn I've seen them at Home Depot, etc but I get nothing but premade steps in their searches.

Thanks, John

Reply to
John Larson

Check with an HVAC supplier. Concrete pads for HVAC units are readily available.

Reply to
RB

Forms? Yeah, they're called 2x4s. Nail some 1x4s on the inside at the correct height and slope and you now have screeds.

RicodJour

John, I am glad that RB figured that one out because you had me confused.

The AC pads are pretty thin because there isn't much weight on them. I question if it will last.

A couple of 2x4's, a wheelbarrow full course gravel and about 8-80# bags of premix will do the job for you.

The pavers that they sell at HD with a treated wood frame is another choice. I would lay those up on a gravel base. I would set them in a bed of mortar for maximum durability. Doing it that way no frame would be required.

Reply to
Colbyt