Concrete grinding question

I need to grind down my concrete walkway, 1/2" deep over an area of 3' x 2'.

Can this be done? Is this a DIY job or do I need a pro to do this?

Reply to
Walter R.

Should be able to get concrete grinder from one of your construction rental yardw. Maybe Home Depot.

Reply to
evodawg

You can do it yourself if you have or rent the tools.

One way to speed up removal is to put a masonry blade on a circular saw, set depth of cut a bit less than you want the final depth to be then saw a series of closely (1/2" or so) grooves. You can then break out the unsawed material between grooves then grind to final depth.

Reply to
dadiOH

Thanks dadiOH

Sounds like a good idea. I guess I could put a diamond saw in my circular saw to speed things up.

What would I use for grinding it to the final depth? I have an angle grinder. What kind of wheel?

Reply to
Walter R.

Visit your local United Rentals, Nations Rent, etc. There are concrete surfacing grinders made for this job that you can rent. The correct machine will quickly give you a nice even surface, something you won't get with an angle grinder unless your are very good at it.

Reply to
Pete C.

Its call a diamond grinding cup. Lowe's has it for around $55 for a 4.5" grinder and also has a one for a larger grinder. I will be slow going.

Reply to
<n>