concrete counter tops

We are going to attempt concrete counter tops in our home. I am going to start with our fireplace hearth and then a vanity top before I move onto the kitchen. Do you guys have any favorite websites or books that you have gathered how to info from?

Thanks,

cm

CM

the bible:

i got it out of my library and followed it to make some for my outdoor bar:

it came out great. don't be afraid to do something special or different. i embedded glass and polished stones of different types in the tops and edges, used glass chunks as the concrete aggregate, and did curved edges too.

you'll need a diamond polisher. i got a variable speed alpha unit from

as they had the cheapest price on one. sell it on ebay if you're not going to need it again. do this in the summer and wear swim trunks; it's incredibly wet and noisy.

regards, charlie cave creek, az

charlie

oh, and DON'T buy the concrete colors or hole fillers from the writers of the book. they are really expensive, and are really just non-sanded grout which you can get at home depot or a concrete place much cheaper.

Reply to
charlie

Here's a YouTube.com search:

BETA-32