Composite boards

Does anyone make 5/4 composite lumber thats not rounded off on the corners. I need some 5/4 by 6 inch material to replace my cornerboards. I want something that will not rot ever again. In my last house I used redwood but I can no longer get that either.

Jimmie

Reply to
Jimmie D

What about vinyl? Lots of styles and colors for all sorts of trim work:

DerbyDad03

How about Hardee plank for the cornerboards, never have to replace again!

Reply to
Hank

"Jimmie D" wrote on 24 Mar 2008 in group alt.home.repair:

You should be able to special-order the plastic composites.

I recommend, however, the fiber-cement products, like Hardy.

Reply to
Steve

That was my first thought but I cant find 5/4 X 6 material.

Jimmie

Reply to
Jimmie D

A few seconds with a table saw and you can have square edges. The difference in width won't matter.

Reply to
salty

Thought of that unfortunately I havent been able to find any that would be wide enough after they are trimed.

Jimmie

Reply to
Jimmie D

Sure. Trex makes it, I don't know who else does. The trex trim comes in 5/4 x 6" or 8", maybe wider. It is rounded a little at the corners (maybe 1/16" roundover), but if you want it perfectly square, then you could by the 8" wide stuff and rip it.

Robert Allison

"Jimmie D" wrote on 24 Mar 2008 in group alt.home.repair:

You're back in special-order mode, then.

Reply to
Steve

Looks like Trex makes a cornerboard, thats exactly what I want.

Jimmie

Reply to
Jimmie D

Jeez, Home Depot carries the stuff but the people I talked to there didnt have a clue about their product line. Lowes was just as bad.

Jimmie

Reply to
Jimmie D

That is because they are Lowes and Home Depot.

Find a real lumberyard that carries Trex and they will know everything about them. I use Texas Redwood or Austin Wholesale Decking here in central TX. All I have to do is talk about some situation that I am searching for a solution for and they come up with all kinds of products that I have never heard of, but with which they are very familiar. You might try searching for a supplier of cedar or redwood in your area, because they generally carry everything for decks and more.

Robert Allison