CO Detectors - A/C with line cord and digital display?

So, what's your point? Smoke detectors _don't_ always go off when they should. No 'detector' will ever work perfectly.

For the same money, you can buy five or six "regular" CO detectors for the price of one "low level detection" detector. I'd think the former would provide more protection against life-threatening levels of CO, with a far lower chance of not alarming when needed.

Reply to
Ann Onymous

I don't think that is so. We had one (I can't recall the brand but it was one of the companies that makes smoke detectors) that went off. We rushed outside and called the fire department; they came quickly and impressively, with all kinds of equipment, and found there was no CO. They suggested I get a Nighthawk as they felt it was the best consumer level alarm made. We have had our Nighthawk for many years now and it has performed flawlessly.

I know there is an argument that the one I had that went off erroneously probably would have gone off had there been a dangerous level of CO, but I think a detector that goes off erroneously is more likely to be ignored when there is a true danger.

Reply to
William Brown

It's your life.

I will not toy with the lives of my kids. If you remember the chart I copied, it said 0 PPM was Desirable. That's what I strive for in my house.

Reply to
HeatMan

That reminds me of a story about a doctor in NY(?). his CO detector kept going off and he unplugged it.

He came home from work the next day and his family was dead. The CO detector was doing it's job, but he didn't believe it. Now he has dead parents, a dead wife and dead kids.

You can't be too safe.

Reply to
HeatMan