That reminds me of a story about a doctor in NY(?). his CO detector kept
going off and he unplugged it.
He came home from work the next day and his family was dead. The CO
detector was doing it's job, but he didn't believe it. Now he has dead
parents, a dead wife and dead kids.
You can't be too safe.
Co detectors, % level of Co to sound alarm was raised a few years ago
as to reduce false alarms. A few years ago in Chicago a weather
inversion layer caused apx 1100 false alarms to the fire dept. They are
safe today and can be checked for Peak Co reading in memory on many
models like Nighthawk digital.
Those were primarily the Biomimetc type of alarm as made by
manufacturers such as Quantum/First Alert.
the UL standard was subsequently amended to prevent a repitition.
Currently the electrochemical cell type is best bet for long term
firstname.lastname@example.org (m Ransley) wrote in message
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.