Clothes dryer taking too long

There is available a nozzle that fits the end of your air hose. It is cone-shaped and the air exits through the base of the cone.

You insert the nozzle at the end of your hose through the exhaust end of your dryer venting system and the rearward facing air holes blow the lint out the normal exit end.

Reply to
HeyBub

Unscrew the back panel and clean it out that way (using compressor if needs be) - I think that without that you'll get rid of some of the lint, but won't catch anything like all of it (at least, I know that's true of my dryer due to the path that the "exhaust" takes and the fan getting in the way).

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Joe, if this was directed to me (the take apart the whole thing guy) rather than to the OP: No. The dryer is up against the garage wall with a short run of flexi to the outside - a foot or thereabouts. Every month or so I reach in from the outside wall (a little flap actuated by the dryer's air flow protects it) and pull out some lint. Obviously the normal lint screen does a very imperfect job, even cleaned faithfully every use.

Art

Reply to
Arthur Shapiro

We opened up the dryer and removed lint, also some from the exhaust pipe. We got out about 3 gallons of lint (estimate), mostly from the air intake side. We haven't used it yet, but that should make a difference.

Reply to
Jan Philips

You are right. When the inspector inspected the house before we bought it, he noted that. Rather than going to a short route out the side of the house, it makes two or three turns and goes out the roof.

Reply to
Jan Philips

We vacuumed out a lot. I didn't use the air compressor because it has a connection for a tire, so right now I don't think there is a way to get air to come out, unless it is inflating a tire. Maybe there is an attachment that will do that.

Reply to
Jan Philips

Thanks! I just asked about that in another message.

Reply to
Jan Philips

Thanks, we did that today but haven't run it yet.

Reply to
Jan Philips

It seems to be working OK now that we cleaned out a large amount of lint, mostly on the air intake side. I wondered how there could be so much lint on that side - my wife says that the drum isn't sealed very well.

Reply to
Jan Philips

Sometimes there is a build up in the back of the dryer where the discharge hose connects. BTDT. I only noticed it when I had the dryer out to change the drive belt for the drum.

Reply to
DFBonnett

yesterday i pulled my gas dryer apart its about 15 years old and had a tremendous mount of lint buildup..

i think i will replace the rollers they are noisey and binding.

Reply to
bob haller