closet doors?

hi,

my sister-in-law is ex-scaping chitown to the rurals of indiana and building a small (

Reply to
AND Books

Do you mean 86 inches high instead of 8'6" high. The latter would put the opening 6" up into the ceiling, I would think. I had trouble finding a closet door because the previous owner had put in a closet and didn't pay attention to the opening height. I found sliding mirror doors to be the only alternative at Menards. There was only (as I remember) about a $50 surcharge to have such a door custom ordered to size over the regular price of a standard size. I bought the doors at Menard's.

Tom G.

Reply to
Tom

Are you sure the doors are 8'6", seems to me that 6'8" is normal. A standard frame house wall is just a tad over 8'. If she has decided to to build a house with 9 or 10 ft. interior walls then she's toast. Tell her to get a bigger checkbook.

I'm installing doors in my new place. Closet openings were roughed in for a 4' wide set of doors. Instead of using folding doors I went with two opposing 24" six panel doors, same style as the rest of the doors in the house.

Reply to
L d'Bonnie

  1. Closets like that give great access to the upper shelves but really don't increase hanging space.
  2. The doors shouldn't be all that hard to find...condo builders often use bifold doors like that because it is cheaper to do so than framing/drywalling/finishing the space that is normally over the door.
  3. 8'6" is a pretty standard size...13 blocks = 8'8" ceilings less drywall leaving just enough space for a ceiling attached header/trim piece for the doors.

dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH