Clear finish for oak door pulls

I'm planning to sand the worn out (urethane?) finish off my kitchen cabinet oak door pulls and apply a new finish.

Can anyone recommend a clear finish which is especially suited for kitchen use (hardwearing, resistant to grease and water)?

Thanks in advance for your helpful replies.

Reply to
Darro

Polyurethanes are inherently more wear resistant than many other common finishes. It would be logical to expect the performance you need from most any premium floor finish. Water-based polyurethanes are said to be lighter in color and less prone to yellowing than solvent types. Perhaps a search for bar finishes might turn up a unique product, but IMO you won't have to look very hard for a very good varnish. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Flecto Varathane in waterbased version. Label states "Our hardest finish" and you can apply 3 coats a day. Scuff sand between coats.

Reply to
Bobnospam1