Cleaning exterior red brick

The red brick under my exterior windows is stained with chalking from the shutters. Is there a way to remove this? I've tried detergent & scrub brush, didn't work Will pressure washing have any effect or is there a more suitable cleaning compound.

Thanks..

Reply to
Mike

Paint remover and thinner, they are paint stains , right. Follow with a strong tsp solution if anythng is left.

Reply to
m Ransley

But test a spot first. If the brick is dirty the remover/thinner might create a black/gray shadow blob that is different from the rest of the house and impossible to remove. Don't ask me how I know :<

Curly Sue

If its dirty a pro will have to acid wash it.

Reply to
m Ransley