Cleaning Coleman Stove

I have a 2-burner Coleman Stove that uses liquid fuel.

How can I thoroughly clean the stove? What cleaner or solvent will get rid of all of the food, grease, dirt, gunk, etc has accumulated all over the fuel tank and inside the stove (i.e., grate, burners, regulator, etc)?

Reply to
gary

gary wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@st3g2000pbc.googlegroups.com:

"Gunk" auto-parts cleaner. Available at any auto parts place.

Reply to
Tegger

Here's what Coleman says:

Larry W

Hot soap and water, to start.

Reply to
clare

I have ccasionally put things like this in the dishwasher

Reply to
bob haller

+1...

Making the soap and water mixture you attempt to use warmer will often help loosen stuck on grease... Depending on how bad the build up is you can try an environmentally safe grease cutter like Simple Green as well...

Reply to
Evan

Easy-Off oven cleaner

Reply to
hrhofmann

From the Coleman website...

" We strongly suggest you do not use oven cleaner. Oven cleaner can remove the paint and aluminized coating from the metal of the stove and discolor or rust the steel."

Reply to
DerbyDad03

My first thought is oven cleaner. Outdoors, and then rinse it with the garden hose. Dry completely. Maybe turn the stove on end, leave it open till it dries.

.

How can I thoroughly clean the stove? What cleaner or solvent will get rid of all of the food, grease, dirt, gunk, etc has accumulated all over the fuel tank and inside the stove (i.e., grate, burners, regulator, etc)?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon