Cleaning Brick

I had a couple loose bricks on my step, I repointed them and they came out pretty well. The problem I;m having is a haze from left over mortar on some of the surrounding brick. When I wet it, it goes away. I tried scrubbing it then rinsing but the haze returns when it dries. Is there a chemical or some other way I can get the white mortar haze off of these bricks?

Reply to
Postal68

muriatic acid is your friend follow label directions exactly and wear eye protection

Reply to
hallerb

muriatic acid is your friend follow label directions exactly and wear eye protection

Reply to
hallerb

I think I'd try white vinegar before muriatic acid. Might not work as well, but it's also far less likely to damage the brick or the mortar, and it's cheap.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Reply to
Postal68