Clean & Seal Pressure-Treated Deck?

We have 2 new decks made of pressure-treated Hem-Fir 2x6. Both are under cover, but get direct sun for a few hours per day. The decks are unfinished. One has a stains on it from mortar used for a stone skirt on the wall.

I would like to clean and seal the wood, and have 2 questions:

1) What product do you recommend for cleaning mortar residue off unfinished pressure treated wood?

2) What product do you recommend for sealing the pressure treated deck planks?

Thanks,

Rick

Reply to
java man (espressopithecus)
  1. Mortar "residue" means nothing to me...what EXACTLY are you talking about?

  1. "sealing" is an annual chore...Thompsons and such require re-doing every year. Semi transparent stain however will protect and beautify for 5 years or more.

You do the math.

Reply to
Curmudgeon

A white, chalky stain or ??? left on the wood where the stone mason spilled mortar.

I was told there'd be no math! Can I use a calculator?

;-)

Rick

Reply to
java man (espressopithecus)