circuit is off, circuit breaker is on

I have a few outlets and ceiling lights/fan not working. My vacuum cleaner might have caused it. I checked the circuit breaker for that area and it was on. Cycled off/on a few times, still not working. Checked all the GFCI outlets. Circuit breaked is a SQD. Any help appreciated.

Thanks Massi

Reply to
Massi

The two most likely problems would be a wiring problem (start at the outlet where the vac was plugged in) or the breaker has been damaged.

Now I would normally recommend that you check the breaker, but considering you had to ask the question, it might be much safer if at this time you called in a professional who knows what they are doing to check the breaker and if that is not it to hunt down the circuit problem. He should have some tools, you are not likely to have to trace the circuit and check to find where the problem is.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan