circuit breakers

I'm seeing both terms used at different sites. Is a two pole breaker the same thing as a double pole breaker?

** remove .invalid from my email address to reply by email **
Reply to
dbtexas

This is Turtle.

If both poles will trip when one or the other trips. It is a Double pole breaker. Some people refer to a two pole breaker as a double pole breaker. If one of the breaker will trip with out the other. They are both called single pole breakers.

Yes Tom i feel sorry for you having to explain yourself with every post.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

This warning about using only two pole common trip breakers on 240 volt circuits does not apply to multiwire branch circuits that do not have both of the ungrounded conductors attached to the same strap or yoke. There is no good reason to open all ungrounded conductors of a multiwire branch circuit because one of them is overloaded or faulted.

On circuits having only 240 volt loads the warning does apply.

-- Tom

Reply to
Thomas D. Horne

This is Turtle.

Your words are well understood by myself but Tom can't hear what your saying here. There is the wrong way then the right way then there is the Tom Pendergas way. Your close to talking to a chicken and telling it to not cross the highway when cars are coming. Forgive me for being so blunt here but The trueth is the trueth and i had to say it.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

this is Turtle.

This is the only thing Tom has to do is to pretend here and feel like he has some worth in someway in life. I kind of hate cutting him down but he will give advice that might get somebody hurt down the road and i feel like if i don't ay something. if might be my fault by not saying something. If he was not dangerious, I would not have to say a word to him.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE