chest freezer leaks from the bottom front

I have a 15 year old self defrost avanti small chest freezer.

lately it leaks from the front bottom.

I see no tube or visible drain plug except for a quarter size area which seems to have some kind of insulation plug and I didn't know if this was a drain or not.

I removed everhting, defrosted some ice on the lid, leveled it and it still leaks from the front bottom and sides.

Any idea why this is happening and if I can correct it

thanks

Reply to
Butterfly

Are you sure it's a leak and not condensation? Mine is in the basement, and during the steamy summer days it does get a bit wet along the bottom front.

KD

Reply to
KD

There is a drain plug. Since it is self defrosting, moisture may be going into a drip pan that is overflowing.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Or the drain tube from the evaporator may be "missing" the drain pan and draining on the floor instead.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon