changing the flushometer on an industrial toilet

My home toilet is more like an industrial toilet, no tank just a bowl The flushometer needs to be changed as the toilet both does not flush properly (needs to be flushed multiple times) and makes quite a bit of noise when it finishes. It seems like an easy enough job to me, or am I fooling myself?

Reply to
A B Indy

Complete repair kits are readily available and would be preferable in most cases to wholesale replacement. One source of info:

There is usually an integral stop (valve) on the flushometer, but it would be wise to have a working shutoff valve you can access somewhere.

Poor flushing may have nothing to do with the flushometer; check for minerl clogged rim jets and siphon jet (if the bowl has one).

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim