changing an attic roof vent fan

Of course I meant do it all from the inside, but I'm sure you knew that.

Reply to
micky

Everyone here can see that you have no link to your miracle, mystery product because it doesn't exist. Simple.

Then explain the difference there, idiot.

Another ever changing Micky story that flies in the face of physics.

The provide us with the link to such a product. Show us the install instructions Micky. If it exists, that would have happened by now.

Then find the instructions for the plastic, roll type product that you claim you have that doesn't need cap shingles. It's obvious to everyone reading this by now that you've searched desperately and can't find it because it doesn't exist.

Idiot. They don't say *if*, they say you do it. It's an essential step of the installation process using those products. The roll type is a flimsy, soft, plastic. It's not designed to be exposed to the elements. Ask any roofer. Hell, even a child could figure that out by looking at it, holding it in their hands. And if you leave off the cap shingles, what exactly covers up all the nail heads that you drive into it to fasten it?

OMG. Now you're actually advocating installing these products incorrectly? And this isn't some minor nit. This would be a DISASTER.

It's clear by now that you don't even know what you have on your own roof. You just make crap up. You also told us in this thread that your attic is only a couple degrees over ambient, even when it's 80 -100F outside. Miracle attic too.

Exist in Baltimore, all over Baltimore, who gives a rat's ass? The obvious point is you claim they are there, that there are regional differences. So, just show us a link to the product.

Then don't restart a thread, or if you're going to, at least figure out what's going on so you don't make an ass out of yourself.

Fine, let's just stay with the roll type. So, just show us *one* link, any link, to a roll type ridge vent product that doesn't require cap shingles over it. Install instructions, video, anything. Very simple request. We all want to learn. If you're right, just show us it, instead of droning on.

Still waiting for a link to the ridge vent product you claim exists with these properties:

roll type plastic goes over a 6" ridge opening installs with no cap shingles

PS: I see you're still incapable of learning to trim posts. Figures.

Reply to
trader_4

mething else I didn't know.

der, I had to take the spider off the housing.

into the space between rafters or whatever you call them.

e housing from the outside, and they are not captive. When you pull the sp ider off, you hear the tink and roll as the bolts fall off the outside and roll around the roof. Obviously replacing this will take two people, one o utside on the roof and one in the attic.

I never had to do it that way. I usually rotate the blade and bend the bra ckets and am able to get the motor with blade out. On one occasion I loose ned the set screw on the blade and was able to get it off and let the motor slide down, but that was more work that way.

Reply to
John G

something else I didn't know.

pider, I had to take the spider off the housing.

ds into the space between rafters or whatever you call them.

the housing from the outside, and they are not captive. When you pull the spider off, you hear the tink and roll as the bolts fall off the outside an d roll around the roof. Obviously replacing this will take two people, one outside on the roof and one in the attic.

rackets and am able to get the motor with blade out. On one occasion I loo sened the set screw on the blade and was able to get it off and let the mot or slide down, but that was more work that way.

The set screw on mine is past the blades, there is no way to reach it witho ut removing it. It's on a rather large cylinder, looks like it may functio n like a flywheel.

I did look for a way to get it past the bracket but six blades made it too hard. A three blade fan might have been workable.

Reply to
TimR

I explained that already.

But we're repeating ourselves now, so you can have the last word on everything else.

Nothing snipped to keep a record of your words.

Micky .

Reply to
micky

No, you didn't explain it. You just said, "I won't give a link..." Obviously it's because you can't, what you claim doesn't exist.

Editing posts so people can easier follow them doesn't effect having a record. The previous post is right here in the thread. Good grief.

I also note that you can't answer the simple question that I've asked several times now about your alleged miracle ridge vent product. You claim it's roll type and no cap shingles are used. So, what exactly covers all the nail heads that are used to fasten it down? All the roll type I've seen, all the roll type that I've provided links to, clearly use *cap shingles* to perform that function. That along with protecting the ridge vent material from the elements, just like the rest of the roof deck is protected by and covered with shingles.

Still waiting for a link to the ridge vent product you claim exists with these properties:

roll type plastic goes over a 6" ridge opening installs with no cap shingles

PS: I see you're still incapable of learning to trim posts. Figures.

Reply to
trader_4

On mine too. I thought about reversing that, but the blade is very very very asymmetric front to back and I'm not going to secodn guess the designer

I still have to call the motor company, to ask about removing the plastic layer. This at least reminds me to put it on my to-do list. I'm not going to do it unless the motor comes loose.

Reply to
micky