Chainsaw problems

Hello I have a Mac chainsaw about 10 years old. I can start it without primming it, and run it, and cut with it, normally. However when I shut it down, I cant restart it for about 24 hours.

I have attempted to adjust the carburator, thinking that it was running on too rich of a fuel / oil mixture ( there is significant smoke at startup ). That did not help. I adjusted the carburator in the other direction, and did not resolve the problem. This Mcculloch chainsaw has self limiting screws to adjust the high and low settings on it, perhaps to disallow the user from tampering too much with the settings.

If anyone has a suggestion how to resolve this problem, please let me know.

Mike snipped-for-privacy@netzero.net

Reply to
mikedut1

Had a somewhat similar problem with a Poulan. Ended up being the ignition unit had reduced output when hot.

Reply to
Bob

I cannot help you but the guys in this forum know their stuff. Try posting your question there.

YYZedd

I have exactly the same problem. The local repair guy says it's not worth fixing, not to mention that parts are hard to get because Maccullough went out of business. It's frustrating because the saw works well until it runs out of gas.

Reply to
Stubby