casing clamp as seen in Fine Homebuilding

Anyone know the name of the miter clamp shown in fine homebuilding about a year ago? It is used for holding door and window casings together at the miter while you nail them. Gives you tight miters.

Reply to
mike korenchuk

I think these may be what you are after:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

Reply to
DanG

I have a set of corner clamps that square and clamp corner pieces. I=20 don't know if they are the same as you saw in the magazine, but they are =

green cast metal with a screw gripper on each side to hold the pieces,=20 and brads or nails can be driven into the wood corner. Came in a set of=20 four and one has a slot for sawing a 45=BA. They are Sears Craftsman # 9 =

6666. I checked on the Sears site and they don't seem to have the exact=20 clamps I have. Mine are about 20 years old. Here is a pic of two of=20 them. One has the 45=BA sawing slot and the other is like the two others =

not pictured. You can judge the size of them by the 8.5 x 11 sheets of=20 paper that they are laying on. My clamps -

page -

willshak

You're probably thinking about the Chestnut Tool Company's clam-clamps

- a nifty invention indeed. See them at

or call 1-800-966-4837

They work a lot better than anything else.

Reply to
FarmerJim

That's the one and I'm ordering it tonite. thanks!

Reply to
mike korenchuk