Casement window air conditioner question

I am looking for a casement window air conditioner. I have Andersen crank out windows. 25" w x 43" high. I haven't been able to find a casement air conditioner to fit the width. They all seem to be about 15" wide and don't seem to have the adjustable sides that the standard window a/c's have. I know I can get a kit to adjust the height, but how do I make it fit the width?

Thanks

Reply to
ctlaltdel

If I understand you correctly that your windows are 25" wide, then you should not need a casement unit- a regular one should fit. The casement units serve a specific purpose (limited market), and thus are harder to find, only made in a couple of capacities, and are much more expensive. If for some reason you want/need to use a casement unit, you can just make your own filler panels out of plywood, masonite, or whatever. Those plastic sliding fillers are pretty flimsy anyway, and usually are pretty well deterioatedafter a couple of years. Good luck Larry

Reply to
lp13-30

You can buy small split A/C systems' with the condenser outside.

- udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

lp and udarrell,