Capturing groudn water for sprinkler

Look at the brady installation pdf I pointed at before. If your soil isn't rocky enough to bother it, the process is really simple, and the points are $10 - $20 each. You wouldn't have to put them right next to the house, and you could combine that water with the sump water if needed.

An unwanted cheap backyard swimming pool can make a usable tank if you choose to go that way. An old spa probably would hold 250 or so gallons.

But it would probably be cheapest to just segmant your sprinkler system into smaller zones, and use the sump water.

Reply to
Bob F

That is what I would do, much the simpler operation, no tanks to maintain, etc. I water about 1/2 acre using just 3 sprinkler heads attached to hoses that I move around, 30 minutes per setting. Yep, moving them is sorta annoying (8 times) but I didnt' want the nuisance of maintaining an underground installation. The '3 heads' was arrived at by experiment - seems to be just about optimal for my pump output. Pump runs approximate 50% of the time.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

3 heads would work for me too. But I would have to do a lot of digging and repiping and adding new valves since my system is in-ground. I have 6 zones now. Thats a lot of work. After all that, I would need at least 1 tank anyway unless I ran the jet pump pipe into the sump pit. I really don't want to do that because the sump water can be muddy as it is. I'd rather only have 1 pump to clean. I will filter the water before it gets into the tank.
Reply to
dnoyeB