Can you change the water level of a toilet?

Would like to increase the depth of the water in a toilet. Is this something that is normally adjustable? I have taken toilets off before but never really looked at them carefully.

Thanks

Dean

Reply to
dean

Only in the tank can you raise the water level, not the bowl. Tom

Reply to
tom

tom is right.

Reply to
Hopkins

Well, if you were to install the toilet on a sloped floor....

:-)

Reply to
Calvin Henry-Cotnam

The water level in a second floor commode is higher than the water level of a first floor commode. :-)

RJ

Reply to
Backlash

The bowl? No.

The tank for a better flush? Yes, you adjust the float level. Chances are you can only get a half inch or so.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Or put the toilet on a raised platform...

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I meant the bowl, sorry for the confusion. I didn't think so, but you never know!

Thanks

Dean

Reply to
dean

Depth of water in the bowl is controlled by toilet design and height of the built-in trap. While you might be able to reduce the amount of water per flush with the old bricks in the tank trick (to still give high enough level for flush pressure, without as much volume). But reducing amount of water in the bowl requires a different toilet.

If both toilets are the same kind, it is possible that the one with the lower level has some sort of crack or leak in its trap, or the little hose off the the float control is not connected the same.

Reply to
David Efflandt