can't install a simple bulb !!

This is my problem.

A lamp K12 white baffle trim, 5" recessed lighting kit (Commercial Electric) (5" Non-IC Housing)(5 " white baffle trim)

It was installed yesterday.

I tried to screw in the bulb but there is plastic obstructing the bulb's entrance. The plastic has the shape of the bulb's screw area (I tried to screw the bulb into that, but realized I was not going anywhere)...

I also tried to pull the plastic "cap" thing (there is a tongue at the end) but it's too hard, and I don't want to break the fixture.

Bizarre...

Thanks

Monte

Reply to
Montenegro

I'm not familiar with Home Depot recessed fixtures, however I believe commercial electric is a clone of Halo brand. Halo installs a plastic socket guard into the socket that must be removed before lamping

Reply to
RBM

Then take a pair of pliers and twist it out.

Reply to
volts500