Can I Use a 120V Appliance with a 220V Socket?

Most electric ranges don't have that receptacle either. That was from back in the days before the NEC required two or more 20a small appliance circuits in the kitchen.

Reply to
gfretwell

Not sure it was such a great idea back then either. Appliance cords plugged in next to stove burners? If you used it with some sense, it was fine. But there are lots of dummies out there.

Reply to
trader_4
[snip]

I had a problem with my electric dryer, which turned out to be the motor. Strange, since the motor was the only thing still working. It turned out that the motor was what turned on the heater and timer.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Unfortunately neither of your options are suitable for apartment installation.

Reply to
M. L.

OP here. I just ant to make it clear that the response above was not made by me, even though the sender names (M.L.) are the same.

Reply to
M. L.

Usually comments like that are made by pea brained kids that think it is funny. Often they forge a known poster and ot their own name so mommy does not catch them.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Many apartments have through the wall AC "ports" - many more rely on "window shakers" - and the new high seer units are not only more efficient, but they shake less!!!

Reply to
Clare Snyder

OK - we were talking 240 volt ranges - weren't we????

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Ours does. Frigidaire - not a 2019 model but not old - from LONG after the NEC requirement.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

My broken ac unit is a 220?v wall unit. The cheapest 230v wall unit at Home Depot is about $481. At that price I'd prefer a portable unit to guarantee I can use it elsewhere without professional installation or a high voltage socket. Not sure my landlord would do the wall installation for free.

Reply to
M. L.

Shouldn't the landlord repair or replace the existing unit?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski