Can anyone recommend a group for help with windows crashes?

I have been having infrequent crashes, and would like to find a newsgroup for assistance on analysing the minidump report data to figure out what's causing this. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Bob F

I have been having infrequent crashes, and would like to find a newsgroup for assistance on analysing the minidump report data to figure out what's causing this. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Bob F

Cut a stick to put in them to hold them up. Or maybe move out of the mini-dump.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

comp.sys.mac.apps

Reply to
Limp Arbor

Reply to
BetaB4

The newsserver "msnews.microsoft.com" has maybe a thousand newsgroups related to microsoft products. The one I find most useful is

microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

Several Microsoft developers participate in the group - though as volunteers, not as official MS respondents.

Reply to
HeyBub

I used to have this problem, too, till I switched to Linux.

(

)

Lewis.

*****
Reply to
ru4linux2

See:

"How to read the small memory dump files that Windows creates for debugging"

"This step-by-step article describes how to examine a small memory dump file. You can use this file to determine why your computer has stopped responding."

Oren

Knew MicroCrap always stunk, there's my proof

Reply to
evodawg

microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

Reply to
metspitzer

"Bob F" wrote in news:gr09ck$l0k$ snipped-for-privacy@news.motzarella.org:

Hope you're not running pre-Xp. If you are, consider yourself lucky they are infrequent,

Reply to
Red Green

Thanks for the help. I found my answer there.

Reply to
Bob F

Glad to help you get help. There is one poster on that group, "Alias" by name, who uses every request for help as a opportunity to pitch Ubangi.

A simple question such as: "What's a good, free, virus checker" results in "Install Ubuntu and you won't have to worry about viruses." Some respond to THAT nonsense by retorting "Yeah, and if you date a blow-up doll instead of the real thing..."

Those of us who stand up to the assault may, someday, have something said about us similar to:

In the 100 years since the Victoria Cross was created for valour & extreme courage beyond that normally expected of a British soldier in the face of the enemy..... only one thousand three hundred & forty four have been awarded..... eleven of those were won by defenders of the mission station at Roarke's Drift, Natal. January 22nd to 23rd 1879......... ...

*James Henry Reynolds, Surgeon Major, Army Hospital Corp. *Conville Bromhead, Lieutenant, B Company 2nd Battalion 24th Regiment of Foot, South Wales Borderers *John Rouse Elliot Chard, Lieutenant, Royal Engineers, Officer Commanding.... Roarke's Drift.
Reply to
HeyBub