Can a camera application on Android greatly affect the QOR of the photographic output?

Can a camera application on Android greatly affect the QOR of the photographic output? o How?
My wife and I both have the same phone, exactly. o The only difference is her apps are the default apps (for the most part).
Mine are almost none of the defaults, where, I've been noticing that when I take photos with her phone, versus with mine, the output seems DIFFERENT in quality of results (QOR).
Can that be? o Do the apps themselves affect the camera output QOR?
If so, how?
On 03/08/2019 09:31 PM, arlen holder wrote:

How are the photos stored? There are several different storage formats and levels of compression.
On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 06:12:01 +0100 (GMT+01:00), Libor Striz wrote:

Those are good points, where I checked the app, which turns out to be the same app I was using (which, actually, probably _is_ the default).
The settings were on the maximum size for both. I just now took four pictures without flash on four devices. Unfortunately, I have to "shrink" them to post them. What's the best way to shrink them without changing them other than size?
1. Wife's Android LG Stylo 3 Plus: 2. My Android LG Stylo 3 Plus: 3. Wife's iPad: 4. My iPad: <
https://i.postimg.cc/gJQ6y7RT/resize00.jpg
I just realized I need to compare the EXIF information where a quick inspection shows them to be taken at the same 1/30th & automatic white balance settings. o Easiest free method to upload shrunk photos for digital quality of results comparison? <https://groups.google.com/forum /#!topic/rec.photo.digital/SzL7_M9w2wA>
On 3/8/19 11:31 PM, arlen holder wrote:

Virtually every manufacturer on the planet rushes their new products to market loaded with less-than-fully-tested software/firmware.
Wanna buy a 5G phone for use on the AT$T 5G network hahahaha?