Can a camera application on Android greatly affect the QOR of the photographic output?

=_Part_0_247923715.1552108321487 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Additionally, the apps may differ in eventually used postprocessing.

Even if the same app is used, user may have set different default settings.

Reply to
Libor Striz

=_Part_0_187256280.1552301646176 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

It will help the comparison, if all photos take as much identical view as possible.

Otherwise exposure settings and white balance chosen by the camera AI can take very different priorities.

Reply to
Libor Striz

Can a camera application on Android greatly affect the QOR of the photographic output? o How?

My wife and I both have the same phone, exactly. o The only difference is her apps are the default apps (for the most part).

Mine are almost none of the defaults, where, I've been noticing that when I take photos with her phone, versus with mine, the output seems DIFFERENT in quality of results (QOR).

Can that be? o Do the apps themselves affect the camera output QOR?

If so, how?

Reply to
arlen holder

How are the photos stored? There are several different storage formats and levels of compression.

Reply to
rbowman

Virtually every manufacturer on the planet rushes their new products to market loaded with less-than-fully-tested software/firmware.

Wanna buy a 5G phone for use on the AT$T 5G network hahahaha?

Reply to
devnull

That's the first thing I'd check, see if the settings for the camera are the same, eg the resolution. And which apps is he talking about? The camera app or some other apps that can also take pictures? If it's apps other than the camera app, then I would expect they could take pics at much lower resolution, just what that app needs for it's purpose. Another clue is the file sizes?

Reply to
trader_4

I have no answer for you. If all things are equal; maybe clean the camera lens and the glass? Micro fiber cloth gets cooties off.

I use Open Camera free version app on Android. There is a pay version.

Visit here. Use the magnifier glass icon and search his page.

Oren

Those are good points, where I checked the app, which turns out to be the same app I was using (which, actually, probably _is_ the default).

The settings were on the maximum size for both. I just now took four pictures without flash on four devices. Unfortunately, I have to "shrink" them to post them. What's the best way to shrink them without changing them other than size?

  1. Wife's Android LG Stylo 3 Plus:
  2. My Android LG Stylo 3 Plus:
  3. Wife's iPad:
  4. My iPad:

I just realized I need to compare the EXIF information where a quick inspection shows them to be taken at the same 1/30th & automatic white balance settings. o Easiest free method to upload shrunk photos for digital quality of results comparison?

arlen holder