Buying a Dehumidifier

I am going to purchase a dehumidifier for my basement. I don't need the top of the line model, but I want a good, reliable, quite, energy efficient... and low cost model.

From looking at the brands at the link below, I'm willing to spend up to $200:

Anybody have some recommendations. What makes one brand better than another.

Confused in Dayton.

Reply to
Rob Magrino

Wait for Sears to put their 70 pint unit on sale for $200. THat is how much I paid for it. You can have the top of the line at your price.

Art

ck Consumer Reports ,, Get a Sears , rated best...... less than 200 for 70 pt

Read the ratings if you dought .

Reply to
m Ransley

$20 back. It's usually on sale about 50 % of the time so you won't have to wait more than 15 days.

Reply to
Tom

Hi,

capacity will you need?

compare prices, reviews at NexTag.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

I'd go out of my way to get a "basement" or "low temperature" model that will work below 65 degrees.

Reply to
Childfree Scott

Sears 70 pint for $200 meets your specs.

Reply to
Art