Burnt smell from vent

Hi, I had a new HVAC system installed a few months ago. All of a sudden today, from one of the vent, we are getting a burnt like smell coming from one vent. i checked down stairs where the unit is and i don't smell anything. When the floor where the vent is, the smell is strong. Any clues as to who to determine what this is? Other than that smell, which is starting to fill the house...the unit seems to be working fine.

(Unfortunately, i can't call the contractor that installed the system because he's just disappeared...no one seems to be able to get a hold him..).

Reply to
farseer

I would say check your belt on the squirrel cage but I'm betting it doesn't have one if it's a new system. But worth pulling the cover off to check for something falling against a warm part and making an odor?

Good luck, Rich

Reply to
Rich

If it was the furnace smell should be from all vents. Your local fire dept might help for free

Reply to
m Ransley

Reply to
farseer

Check all of your Xmas lights!

Seriously!

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

If today is the first time this season you've activated your heater, you can expect some toasted lint and fried spiders that have accumulated since the last time the heat was on.

Forget about it.

Reply to
HeyBub

Reply to