Burning old deck boards in woodstove?

Sorry about that George, hit the wrong reply button and sent it to you instead of group.

Stone

Reply to
Gary Stone

Ok, face cords. Nobody around here uses that term. My understanding it is 4 x 8 feet by some unstated length, so it isn't very precise. 4 real cords per winter, sounds reasonable for a 2000 sq ft house depending on the length of your winter period. We usually let our fire burn out about

2-3 am, but the house was still above 65 when I built a fire for the day about 6 am. I also found that we used a lot of wood in the fall and spring transition periods, until I switched to small hot fires that lasted maybe 30 minutes to 1-1/2 hours in the morning and the evening.

Sounds like you are saving lots of money on heat compared to most of us. Good luck.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon