Bulge on House Siding

There's a product recall on some siding. Might want to see if yours happens to be in that. Just was on the news a few days ago.

Reply to
Michael Baugh

Don Young

I saw a recent recall also on tv, i think it was within the last week. I believe it was for masonite???

Unknown

I have wood siding on my 12 year-old home.

Several years ago, I decided to seal these seams, and put putty on some of the seams on the east side, and paint over it.

A few weeks ago I noticed that one board, right underneath the my laundry room window, has a bulge underneath it big enough to get two fingers underneath it.

We don't get much rain in my area, and not much snow, but we did have our share of fog, and I noticed for about a week it was so bad that the house dripped of moisture. However, the area is underneath a deck, so it was dry.

I am hoping when it warms up that the board will relax, so I can screw it to the wall, and not replace the entire board.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks.

Corinne

Reply to