Built-up Mouldings

I'll ask over in rec.woodworking also...

Anyone out there have any suggestions on installing crown moulding that is 'built-up' from various pieces of moulding?

Better to 'build-up' the moulding before installing? or vice versa?

Additionally, (for my specific application - above kitchen wall cabinets) I'll need to use blocking. Better to install the blocking to the cabinets before installation or after (with or without the crown moulding)?

FWIW - The crown moulding will abut both the cabinet and ceiling. Prolly a 'gap' of ~2". IMO not enough room to affix the blocking once cabinets are installed. My line of thought leads me to believe that the blocking will have to be individual pieces equaling the width of the cabinet... Suggestions cheerfully accepted...

TIA

Rick

Reply to
pray4surf