Built in vacuum does not shut offf???

My built in vacuum (Electrolux) quit shutting off. I thought it must be one of the outlets shorting out so I went down to the basement and disconnected them from the main line (low voltage) one at a time and it still ran. I went right back to the unit and unplugged the low voltage line and it still kept on running.

What could it be? I had to unplug the 120V from the wall to shut it off. I'm thinking it must be something to do with a sticking relay (if mechanical) or a dead relay if electronic. Just wondering if anyone knew where I might start troubleshooting.

TIA Gary

Reply to
gary

Just replace the relay. It is likely mechanical.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I might add that some have a manual switch on the main unit. If that is on, then all you need do is turn it off.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Checked, no switch. Called Electrolux and was told the power card needed to be replaced. $90 CAD, $120 if I also wanted it installed.

I just pulled the card out 5min job. There is a relay soldered onto the card with 4 contacts - an easy solder job.

The relay is a Potter & Brumfield T9AS1D12-24 24VDC Form A. I'm guessing $20max if I can find one.

Where would be a good place to go for a beast like that? Probably not Rat Shack.

Thx Guys,

Reply to
gary

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:53b7J3etC9QJ:

Got this hit on a search of t9as1d

Reply to
Mastermech

Hehehe, but I have to buy 1000 of them.

I found it at Mouser and Digikey for around $3.00 but shipping makes it $30. Trying to find it locally.

Thx Gary