buderus delta boiler U012-24K

Hello,

I just bought a new buderus delta boiler U012-24K and got installed. I did not have the chance to read the instructions that came with the boiler itself before I received the boiler nor the specific requirements were mentioned in the info sheets made for advertisment purpose. As I read the instructions more carefully, I found out that in a flat like mine where the heating is done through the heating elements under the floor -I mean between the two levels- one should set a lower temperature. On another page in the instructions it says that long term usage on low temperatures causes condensation which may eventually lead to corrosion of the exhaust pipes. To prevent that it says that one should get installed a three-way c*ck which was not installed at all.

As I applied to my firm which sold the boiler and made the installation, they said that it is not necessary though could not say in which situation it would be necessary to install a three-way c*ck.

Do you have any information about that situation? Are the instructions wrong? Which is correct?

Regards

Yalcin

Reply to
Yalcin Alimoglu

Contact the boiler manufacturer, but im sure id go with the instructions. Sounds like your boiler guy is a hack, who has been paid.

Reply to
mark Ransley

How can you call this guy a HACK, while not knowing the application which the boiler is installed?

There are different ways to pipe a system to insure the return temp is adequate for the boiler. And I see nowhere, where the OP stated the water temp setting. Or how the unit is piped.

Wantta guess again??

-- kjpro _-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>

( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail

Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!

Reply to
kjpro

On 19 Oct 2003 18:19:11 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@ttnet.net.tr (Yalcin Alimoglu) wrote (with possible editing):

Sounds like radiant heating and you haven't provided enough information. Radiant heating always does require a lower temperature water, but there are several methods of doing that. For example, at our place, the heating water is tempered with mixing valves which mix a bit of the return water with the supply side. There are thermometers just above the mixing side which allow control. In this case, the boiler provides normal heating water. (I should note that we use both radiant and conventional baseboard, so it had to be done like that). Another example would be when the boiler also runs a hot water heater.

In any case, I wouldn't condemn the installation until you knew what temperature water the boiler supplies and why it was done the way it was.

Reply to
L. M. Rappaport