Finishing Hardwood floors that have fancy borders and inlays.

I'm wondering how best to sand a hardwood floor that has a thick (3/8") inlay in it. This inlay has pieces that are both parallel and perpendicular to the grain of the floor. Because of its thickness I'm not concerned about sanding through it but I'm concerned about sanding the parts that are cross grain to the floor.

Does anyone have any experience with this and can offer some advice?

Reply to
Tom Sikes

You can try masking and hand sanding which is incredibly time consuming or consider a random orbital sander. It's essentially the same problem as dealing with a parquet floor.

Good Luck.

perpendicular

Reply to
Baron

Reply to
Tom Sikes

Six inches are the largest hobbyist type. I believe they are made up to

12 inches in diameter but I don't know where to get one.
Reply to
Baron