Bubbling Sinks when Toilet Flushed

This has just started. Every time I flush my toilet, my sinks and my tub bubble, and occassionally I get sludge backwash into my tub.

The house is a farmhouse with a septic tank located somewhere out in the pasture.

What could be the cause? and any solutions?83269

Reply to
retiredmn1

what happens if you fill the bathroom sink and then pull the plug ? do you get the same bubbling or backwash ?

If you know the septic tank location I would pull the inspection cover and check the water level.

If its very high you may have a problem with your drainfield. Otherwise I would check for obstruction of the drain from the house to the septic .

Reply to
marks542004

Sorry to tell you, but you probably have a tank problem or a drain field problem or both. Uncover the lid to the tank and determine if it is full of solids. If it is, it will have to pumped. That's not too bad, by the way and is considered normal with septic systems.

Or, it could just be clogged waste line ... you will have to check it out.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Check the vent.

retiredmn1 wrote: