I've already replaced the unit since the alternative was dismantling the
whole fan, boxing it up, and sending it back. I was hoping to get some
life out of this receiver. This came with the fan (Cassaro model) and
worked for awhile before it started sending any commands at all. I changed
the channels and the remote's batteries, making sure to match channels on
both ends. No go.
I wonder if anybody has run into these before and if there's a common
problem with them. I've opened it up and tested the fuse, which seems to
be fine. There are quite a few, big capacitors in it, none of which appear
to be blown. I'm about to toss it because that's about as far as I can
reasonably and economically test it.