Broken EU2000i

I went to use it today and found the ecothrottle switch was broken off.

It started up and ran fine, but it now has the throttle permanently on. I always use it that way anyhow, but the instructions say to start it with the ET off.

How difficult would this be for me to replace? Or can it just be moved with a screwdriver? I didn't want to mess with it for fear of making things worse.

thanks much

Reply to
jack

I went to all the trouble of taking a picture, and then forgot to post it!

jack

I had no clue what you were talking about -- a Google found the following quote from a review--

It appears to be a weak point--I'd suggest doing as this person did and simply replace it w/ any other suitable switch of adequate rating (which doesn't appear would be much based on the style shown in the picture).

A standard toggle switch would work just fine it would appear...

Reply to
dpb

It shouldnt be hard but the point of long engine life and lower gas consumption are lost without the switch working, without it might last

2-3000 hours, with light load of a few hundred watts it can last 12000+ with eco throttle on Low rpm =3D longer life.
Reply to
ransley