Brick laying question

I am a qualified welder , business owner...I also teach welding at a local college.

I wish to make a very fancy fence for an acerage that I own. I want to run a brick base and large square brick fence posts. In between the fence posts I would like to put a decorative welded fence pattern. My question is with the brick. Does anyone have any on line help or a web page in working with bricks and mortar? Thanks...Jim

Reply to
Jim

Jim,

Your local library will have books on masonry. I'm surprised that it's not taught at your college.

Dave M.

Reply to
David Martel

Reply to
nospambob

BIA web site Tech Notes section is a good start. An apprentice handbook on masonry is the next step. Then, Practice. Tom Baker

Reply to
Tom Baker

Art