Brazing VS Soldering copper gas pipes

Pretty freaky! Even using SST makes me a bit nervous! Nothing like good old black pipe for gas! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Last time i checked only black threaded pipe can be used for inside gas lines.it will last forever.

Reply to
PoCambo

I am in Brazil now and here they use cooper pipe for gas lines in buildings, if to repair a leak, how to do a repair, i hearded you need to run nitrogen gas before solder or brazing because the gas fumes.

Reply to
mofirefighter

You run nitrogen to prevent the copper from oxidizing from the heat and forming crud inside the pipes. It's a much bigger problem when brazing because of the higher temps.

Reply to
trader_4

Don't know about Brazil but soldering gas line in Canada is forbidden. Must be brazed. Same with refrigreration lines. You DEFINITELY want the lines purged - well purged - before applying a flame!!

Reply to
clare