Brazing VS Soldering copper gas pipes

I think the reason low temp solder would not be allowed is that the heat from a "minor" fire could open gas pipe joints and you'd immediately have a major fire.
bill

sawtooth wrote:

Hi, Is that legal? I am afraid not. Tony
Whats the point? If you got black pipe coming out the floor, all you need is a $10 gas flex pipe made for gas. You probably spent half that amount just on the copper pipe and all the soldering, etc. Now you are living in danger, because you were too cheap to spend $5 more to do it right.
--
On 7 Jan 2005 14:43:01 -0800, "sawtooth" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com>
Many locations here in Georgia use copper for NG, use double flare fittings. Mostly black pipe to a point then depending on device, Flex to furnace/water heater, Copper to fireplaces, outside grills, etc.
I will be moving my outside grill soon, I will check to see what the inside of the copper looks like as I am curious to the issues with flaking I am hearing about copper and NG.
Nayone have any links to sites that can expain all these issues ?
Thanks,

Last time i checked only black threaded pipe can be used for inside gas lines.it will last forever.