Bradley 8540 Shower Faucet OLD - Parts needed

I have an old shower that really needs a cold cartridge/valve unit. I contacted Briggs Plumbing who purchased Bradley years ago. They advised me to visit the website and I did. I saw nothing that looks like the diagram from the initial installation 30 years ago.

I want to be sure I can get the parts before I open this thing up. Anyone know where besides the original manufacturer there might be parts?

I wouldn't mind just replacing the handles, but they are pretty stuck at the moment. A puller damaged the lever and it didn't move it.

Reply to
New & Improved - N/F John

See if these people can help:

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Jim! Hey old buddy -- fancy meeting you here instead of RAMVA! You the local house wiring guru here? Teaching people how to electrocute themselves or anything good like that?

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Bite the bullet and go for a whole new assembly. Over the years I've attempted to civilize ancient pieces like this, some with moderate success, most with early failures after repair.Your odds aren't very good and since you'll wind up replacing it soon anyway, just do it over right the first time and move on to more urgent matters. Kohler and Delta seem to me to be the easiest to retropfit into older installations. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst