Bradford White hot water pressure

I've lived in this apartment for about a year now. When I first moved in the hot water pressure wasn't up to par with the cold water pressure. It didn't bother me at first but over the last couple of months the hot water pressure has rapidly declined. My dishwasher doesn't even fill because of it. I would either have to wash my dishes by hand or use my dish washer atleast twice to clean all the dishes (after they've been rinsed). If i have any more than 1 sink/appliance using hotwater at once the other goes cold.

This Bradford White has a Hydrojet Total Preformance System but that doesn't help... There was suppose to be some techs that was going to come go through the pipes today but they never came. Does anyone have any ideas of what I could do myself? I am willing for suggestions... I just don't want to wait around forever trying to actually get some techs in here to fix it...

Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
Travis.Woodward

Open the drain valve at the bottom of the heater. See what the pressure/flow looks like. If OK there, then it's not an internal heater problem.

Cautionary Note: Find out where the Cold inlet shutoff valve is first, just in case "something" happens to the drain valve.

If the flow at the drain valve is OK, it could be corrosion blocking the outlet nipple on the heater or at some other point in the piping downstream. This can be a very tricky thing to diagnose and track down.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

if its got the galvanized steel pipe on the outlet side of the heater ,it often closes off due to corrosion.

Reply to
ds549

Ask other tenants if they have a problem. Maybe the landlord has restricted the cold supply to all the water heaters. (probably not). Or maybe someone turned the valve down on the cold water supply to your hot water tank. (Check that first). Low pressure is either due to the inlet or the outlet restriction. If you turn the water supply valve off, you can disconnect and check the inlet and the outlet for corrosion if you have the tools and the skill level.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon