Bostitch brand nailer will not fire

I have 2 with the same issue. They have no time on them and have been setting up for a long time. They shot a couple of times and stopped. The trigger doesn't do anything. I do notice that the "hammer" protrudes to the fired position when the air hose is connected. It returns to up position when the air is disconnected, but as soon as the air hose is reconnected, the hammer pops back to the extended position and stays until the air hose is disconnected. Any ideas on my problem and how I can correct it?
On 7/25/2018 8:44 PM, clarkdl wrote:

  A few drops of air tool oil couldn't hurt ...
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

If it's stuck that bad, I'd put in more than a few drops. Pour a tablespoon of that oil down the air hose fitting. turn and tilt the tool in your hands to let the oil get into all the parts. Then let it sit with the oil inside for a day or so. After that, connect the air hose and see what it does. (Be prepared for oil to shoot out, wrapping a rag around it is not a bad idea).
Dont worry, flooding them air tools with oil wont harm them, and often frees up a stuck tool. If that dont do it, it's time to tear the tool apart and clean all the parts and check for bad seals and o-rings.
On 7/26/2018 1:46 AM, snipped-for-privacy@Weiser.com wrote:

Actually it sounds like the trigger valve is malfunctioning . If those tools have been layin' around out in the shop or similar place it's possible that wasps have gunked up the air passages . They don't need a very big hole ...
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old