BoeShield T-9: does it alter the appearance of the metal it protects?

I've read some impressive things about BoeShield T-9

so I'm considering using it to protect some fine tools, the appearance of which I'd like to maintain (especially the polished brass fittings). Does anyone know if this product significantly affects the appearance of what it's protecting? I can't seem to find any info on this aspect of the product.

Reply to
mistersandiego

I've used it for years on bike chains. Boeshield is effectively a wax dissolved in a carrier solvent. After application, the solvent evaporates.

Dry, a thick coat will be a little tacky, and dust will stick to it. A thin coat will probably be similar to a thin coat of oil.

Reply to
Warren Block

I use it and it has never changed appearance. Actually, it prevents change, like from rust.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
nospambob