Boeing's Starliner MAX MCAS test capsule fails in space station mission

Boeing Co’s new astronaut capsule on Friday failed to reach the orbit of the International Space Station, U.S. space agency NASA said, cutting short a critical unmanned test mission in the embattled aerospace giant’s race to send humans to the station.

Reply to
Dennis Miulenberg

No big surprise. They can't even build airplanes anymore. I think this is bigger than most people imagine. I think it traces back to circa 2000 when Boeing bought Lockheed and moved it's headquarters from WA to Chicago. I never could understand that bizarre move, putting your headquarters where there is no factory, development, nothing. And after the merger, somehow the Lockheed culture took over the whole company and still rules it today. Instead of being run by engineers and people who fly planes, it's run by MBAs and accountants focused on profits. I know one thing. Before the 737MAX, I preferred to fly on Boeing over Airbus. Today, I look for a flight with an Airbus. I also think I saw that Boeing just delivered the last 737NG. So, the one that flies is no longer in production. The ones that are supposed to fly are sitting in the Boeing employee parking lot and anywhere else they can put them. There are 100 fuselages sitting in the Midwest.

BTW, I have to ask, why haven't you been fired?

Reply to
trader_4

  Just had to put the worst spin you could on it didn't you ? I saw the press conference  after the launch , it was (probably) a software glitch that left the craft short of maneuvering fuel to SAFELY match orbits . I haven't been following this project , but aside from one mission objective being missed it sounds like a successful flight . And if it successfully lands , I'd say it was a good mission .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

Probably had the same software as the 737 MAX.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

So, based on this, the 737Max, etc, you'd volunteer to be the first astronaut on it? I guess the good Boeing news is that at least they won't have spaceships piling up in the employee parking lot.

Reply to
trader_4

I'm pretty sure Boeing just delivered the last 737NG to KLM. That means they stopped building the ones that fly and are out of the 737 biz until further notice.

Reply to
trader_4

"Boeing's Starliner MAX MCAS test capsule fails in space station mission"

Dennis Miulenberg *falsely* includes MCAS in the subject. There is no mention of MCAS in the cited article. Dennis exhibits the behavior of a liar.

Reply to
RosemontCrest