Blank-Blank Toilet Bolt Covers

I forgot to put the base for the toilet bolt covers under the nuts!!! Can I remove the nuts and retighten without damaging the flange seal or do I have to pull the pot, put in a new wax ring, etc?

Chris

Reply to
WandererFan

That's what I would do.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

Yes, washer on porcelain. The more I think about that, the less I like it. The floor is very solid, shouldn't flex, but a crack would be a "bad thing".

Guess I'll bite the bullet and fix it properly.

Reply to
WandererFan

Just pull the nuts and do what you need to do. Hell, mine doesn't even have any nuts on it. Hasn't had a problem in 3 years. A seal under the toilet shouldn't even be necessary unless the pipe backs up.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Only in Texas.

Reply to