Better rates than a CD ?

The point is the CPI is a fairy tale version of reality to most working class consumers. It is a number created by politicians to show us what a great job they are doing.

Reply to
gfretwell

That is why I compared it to a T bill.

My FIL is doing it exactly right according to your logic. He pays about $50-70 a year and has for as far back as I looked (I did his taxes this year and compared it to prior years as a sanity check).

Maybe I just like getting Sam to send me a check, even if it is my money. It might just be a throwback to when I was poor. I looked and the average refund is around $2300. Other people must like it too.

Reply to
gfretwell

I don't think most working class consumers are as ignorant as you make them out to be, so maybe you shouldn't be trying to speak for that group.

See what I mean? If that's really what you believe, you definitely shouldn't be trying to speak on behalf of most working class consumers, or anyone other than yourself.

Reply to
Jim Joyce