Best way to paint edges in a room?

Well, he didn't teach me everything..

Use a wire brush (stainless steel /paint dept), water or solvent as necessary.. Stroke in the direction of the bristles away from the handle. In the palm of your hand; under water you can clean well with plenty of rinse (no paint in final rinse). Don't dabble the bristles of the brush. Where the bristles, handle and metal (Purdy) meet - make certain it is rinsed.

Eventually I'll toss a brush as they get gunked up.

Sorry if I can't explain this perfectly.....

-- Oren

Oren

Dave

soap.http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=188842- Can't find a wire brush, a fork will do the job.

Get out as much paint as you can before rinsing in solvent. Lay the brush down on a stack of newspapers and *gently* push out any remaining paint with a putty knife. You'll be amazed how much paint you can squeeze out of a "dry" brush.

Your brushes will last longer in near pristine shape and be easier to clean if you don't dip more than halfway to the ferrule.

Reply to
Father Haskell

One trick when finished cleaning them is to work some dish detergent into the brush well and then form it and let it dry. Even is not cleaned perfectly if the soap is worked in good it will come back to life when you go to use it. Another thing, a while back when I was having soem cornea trouble I was having trouble cutting in and needed to find a way to get by. One thing I found at the time was something called shurline. It worked very well and got me by. Since I do a lot of painting cuting in is not a problem for me as long as I have a good brush. Good luck.

Reply to
arthur.moore

Dip in solvent and wring out before first paint, water for latex, ms for oil paint. Dip brush only about 1/3 of bristle. Don't load the brush. If you take a break until next day, wrap brush in foil and put in freezer. When finished, soak in solvent until it is clear, working the solvent up into the top of the bristles and spreading them to make sure paint is all gone. Drain it and then load it with dish detergent. work up into the top of the bristles, rinse well with hot water, shake it out and store hanging. Don't stand it on bristles at any time. During painting, for brief breaks, use coffee can with solvent - cut an "X" in the lid to stick the handle through so it hangs in the solvent and doesn't stand on the bristles.

buy good brushes and clean them well. You can re-use ms if you let most of the paint settle and pour off the rest to use for cleaning.

Reply to
Norminn

Liquid Tide (or store brand) cleans out fresh latex better than soap when washing up.

Reply to
Father Haskell