Best programable thermostat?

Hi, It appears I need to replace my honeywell stat, it is reading 3 to 4 degrees warmer than actual room temp causing the A/C to run too much. Any suggestions on a new one? I wouldn't mind staying with Honeywell, just looking for model numbers. We have a gas forced air furnace with electric central A/C. Thanks, Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Guay

I like the Honeywells. I especially like the "smart" one that will change the start times depending on the response time which means it will start heating or cooling sooner when it is hotter or colder outside.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I'm a fan of the Honeywell products, too. They have the best algorithms for temperature control, autochangeover from heat to cool, and have lots of installer options.

For single stage heat/cool I'd suggest the T8600 (24 V line powered) or the T8602 (battery powered). They are 'Tradeline' models so you won't find them at the big box stores. Try your local HVAC suppliers or online. Price is about $125.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

I like the Enerstats. But then I did the software for them circa 1999. They were bought by Johnson Controls a few years ago and I lost track of what was happening when the Brockville ON plant was shut down and everything moved to Chicago. I think they are the sleekest looking units. I installed a pre-production prototype at my house way back when and it has been working ever since.

I would be interested in hearing any news if someone has recent information about the product.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Mau