Best Heat Pump Air Filter

I havea 13-14 yr. old Rheem Heat Pump in great working condition. I am still using the filters that were left by the previous owners of the home (I've been here 6 months). I have been going on the idea of changing the filter after one month of full use of either the a/c or heat.

Right now, the air filters that are left are "American Air Filter" - "StrataDensity". Not sure what material it is made with but it has a white, swirling fiber as its filter (looks like about 3 layers). Not sure the quality of these filters. Should I dump these in place of getting the Filtrete filters sold in the local Lowe's or should these be good enough. We want to keep this heat pump working for the few years we are going to live in this house so we are doing everything possible to make it last.

Reply to
RockyCJC