Best haloween prank, ever

Heard from a friend, believed to be a true story.

As the woman describes it, she grew up in a part of the nation and a time of history when outhouses were used for toilet functions.

Haloween time, one of the big pranks was outhouse tipping. The local teens had great fun tipping over peoples outhouse, which provided inconvenience for the residenet. And often at the time of geatest urgency.

The house she was visiting, the man of the house came in from the back yard, with a smile on his face. Refused to provide any details as to why he was smiling. Never mind, you'll see.

Later that evening, there was a shout, and then some screams from the back yard. The family went out to inevstigate, and find out what was the matter.

Turns out that Father had moved the outhouse about three feet forwad of where it had been located. The neighborhood teens arrived after dark, with the intention to tip over the outhouse. As the bunch of them rushed the back of the out house (plans it tip it door down, I guess) they all fell in the pit, into the cesspuool. Of course, this resutlted in a lot of shouting, as they could nto get out of the pit.

Believed to be a true story. No kidding, hold my beer, woman.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That has happened more than once. I know it happened down the street from me when I was a youngster. There was a mentally challenged middle aged man lived down the street and still had the 1-holer out the back. The neighbour kids had tipped old Lloyr's outhouse several times. in the past - at least once with him in it. He moved the outhouse a couple of feet about mid-afternoon - and there were at least 3 VERY stinky boys arriving home after "trick-or treating" that night.

Reply to
clare

I got on a elevator in a public school in pittsburgh. the building was 5 or 6 floors built into the side of a hill...

the techer called the elevator with a key....... since it was a school use was restricted,

the lighting level was very low, no big deal, i will be at my floor in moments. when a hand reached down and touched me on my shoulder. the doors opened and staff was standing there looking at me.

of course it was halloween, and they had rigged the elevator, and scared the you know what out of me.........

its the best gag of this type thats ever been pulled on me

this wasnt a gag, i was a brand new service tech vositing KDKA radio and tv station in pittsburgh.

i got on the elevator and it was crowded, so i leaned against the back wall.

it was a double door elevator, the back door opened and i ended up falling backwards onto the floor.

they said it happened often

Reply to
bob haller

Thanks for the follow up report. Guess it's still valid, where outhouses are in use.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

A radio station recently had a call-in show about "old time" Halloween tricks that people used to pull.

One lady said that she used to take a big safety pin, bend it open and tie a long string to the catch end. She would then sneak up to the window and stick the point into the glazing around the window with the catch end resting up against the glass. Then she would go hide in the bushes or behind a tree and tug on the string causing a tap-tap-tap...tap-tap-tap.

She said that when people would come to the window, she'd stop and wait. As soon as they would close the curtain, she'd tap-tap-tap...tap-tap-tap the pin again.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Our youthful Halloweens consisted of eggs, Barbasol shaving cream (plain an d the dreaded Menthol) and socks filled with chalk. Sometimes it was just good fun amongst our own group of friends, other times it bordered on gang wars between rival neighborhoods.

I worked in a corner drugstore at the time and we would stock up on cases of Barbasol in early October to be ready for the Halloween rush. We sold it for 39¢ a can when bought by the case. The store was in one the rival neighborhoods so I had first hand knowledge of what the competition was stocking up with. When I saw a lot of menthol being purchased, I knew that borders were going to be crossed.

When a can or two of Nair was mixed in with the order, I knew things were g oing to get serious.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

What was the "rig"? Was someone on the top of the elevator reaching down through the hatch?

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

My boss on the farm where I worked as a teanager woke up one Nov 1 to find an old Mennonite buggy sitting on his (milk house, if I remember correctly) roof.

A friend rigged some clothes line pulleys on 2 trees on either side of the street, and ran a line across with a white sheet tied to look like a kid in a ghost costume, and dragged it across the street whn a car approached. There was a lot of squeeling tires and brakes that night

Reply to
clare

My wife's cousin grew up on a farm with an outhouse. It had a large hole fo r adults and a small one for the kids. One day he had to use it but his sis ter was on the small hole. So he got on the big one but couldn't hold on an d fell in headfirst. They stripped him down and buried his clothes. An ofte n-repeated family story.

Reply to
Ameri-Clean

outhouse. It had a large hole for adults and a small one for the kids. One day he had to use it but his sister was on the small hole. So he got on the big one but couldn't hold on and fell in headfirst. They stripped him down and buried his clothes. An often-repeated family story.

Sounds like a terrifying moment, for sure. At church, I did see a boy slouch down and fall through a folding chair. Hit his head on the hardwood floor behind the chair, and made a lot of noise. Sad moment.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon